Cadre Harmonisé analysis
The ECOAGRIS project aims to improve analyzes of food and nutrition situation in the Sahel and West Africa using the Cadre Harmonisé through:
- Establishment of national analysis units at country level, providing them with equipment for their operation;
- Technical and financial support for the organization of national and regional Cadre Harmonisé analysis workshops in ECOWAS and CILSS member countries;
- The production of consensual information on the food and nutrition situation to help decision-making.
It is therefore for the ECOAGRIS component to provide technical and financial support to national analysis units in order to facilitate data collection, technical capacity building, establishment of current and projected situations and data management. The aim is to create the conditions for sustainable ownership of the CH tool by the national services.
All the results, generated from the Cadre Harmonisé analysis, should populate the ECOAGRIS central database. The aim is to provide relevant consensual information on zones and populations in food and nutrition insecurity. The final objective is to provide appropriate responses in view of the mobilization of the regional food reserve in the event of community solidarity need, with better targeting surplus areas for institutional purchases by reducing as much as possible effects on local markets and other markets that are related. Five (5) main activities are defined in the project to achieve this result:
- Activity 2.2.1: Improve the Cadre Harmonisé tool for analysis and identification of zone at risk and populations in food and nutrition insecurity;
- Activity 2.2.2: Support the establishment and animation of the national units in charge of the Cadre Harmonisé analyses;
- Activity 2.2.3: Support technically and financially the organization of national and regional Cadre Harmonisé analysis workshops in ECOWAS and CILSS member countries;
- Activity 2.2.4: Promote the Cadre Harmonisé in countries that are not yet covered;
- Activity 2.2.5: Develop and disseminate information and communication tools on the Cadre Harmonisé.