The year 2015 : first implementation year have been essentially characterized by :
– The recruitment and setting up of the project team at regional level ;
• A regional responsible ;
• A regional focal point residing in Abuja (ECOWAS);
• A computer Network administration Expert ;
• Three database management Experts at AGRHYMET, ARAA and UEMOA
• A Cadre Harmonisé Expert ;
• A market Expert;
• A HEA Expert
• A statistician Expert
• A nutritionist Expert
• An Expert Trainer in instruments and micro-computing (network and database)
• A monitoring and evaluation assistant
• An accountant,
• An assistant accountant,
• A procurement specialist,
• An administrative assistant (secretary) and
• two (2) drivers.
– The validation of the operational planning and budget for the first year;
– The validation of a procurement plan for the project;
– The detailed software and equipment assessment of the project pilot phase;
– The formal launching of the ECOAGRIS component;
– Circular missions in the 17 beneficiary countries for the validation of the institutional framework and the validation of the ECOAGRIS database indicators
– The technical and financial organization of the two cycles (March and November) of the Cadre harmonisé analysis in the CILSS/ECOWAS member countries.
download 2015:Télécharger PDF
- The capitalization of the nine (9) subsystems developed during the pilot phase and the development of three (3) new thematic subsystems as add-ons to the existing subsystems for the extension phase;
- the regional validation of the indicators relating to the twelve (12) subsystems and the inclusion of the ECOWAP indicators for the implementation of the ECOAGRIS platform in order to capitalize on the achievements of the pilot phase and proceed to the extension of the action; (Download PDF)
- The acquisition and installation of IT equipment (servers, computers, storage bay) with an internet connection in the seventeen (17) countries, to strengthen the national system for collecting, processing and analyzing thematic data on food and nutrition security;
- the ECOAGRIS platform designed and validated, and a training of trainers organized for the members of the ENF(technical focal point and a member of the NDMU) of the seventeen (17) beneficiary countries of the CILSS / ECOWAS region for a better use of this platform; (Download)
- Fifteen (15) of the seventeen (17) countries in the CILSS / ECOWAS area formalized the ECOAGRIS National Framework (ENF) and thirteen (13) all benefited from financial support for the operation and animation of this framework;
- 06 countries (Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, Cape Verde, Guinea Bissau, Niger and Chad were supported for the collection of new primary data (Download PDF)
Twenty (20) candidates from the seventeen (17) countries have been selected and registered for the diploma course in computer tools and networks. The training started in February 2016 for a period of two (2) years with an internship period whose objective is the application of the knowledge acquired during the nine (9) months of theoretical and practical courses and an active participation in the activities of the host service.
Rdownload 2016: Télécharger PDF
- As for December 31, 2017, there are sixteen (16) decrees signed out of the seventeen (17) targeted countries, only Senegal has not yet signed its decree for the establishment of the ECOAGRIS National Framework. The situation of catalytic support for the countries that have signed their respective decrees for the operation of their ENFs is as follows:
- Eight (8) countries (Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Guinea Conakry, Mali, Sierra Leone, Chad and Togo) have seen their support renewed;
- Three (3) new countries supported (Guinea Bissau, Mauritania and Nigeria);
- Five (5) countries (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana, Mali and Chad) received additional support to populate the platform;
- Four (4) countries (Benin, Cape Verde, Ghana and Liberia) received no support this year for lack of supporting documents;
- Only one country (Senegal) has not signed its decree, so it is not eligible for support;
- All seventeen (17) countries have benefited from contracts with respective local suppliers for an annual allocation on the Internet connection in order to populate the ECOAGRIS platform;
- The training of sectoral focal points and the populating of the platform at the level of the twelve (12) countries namely: Benin, Burkina Faso, Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Guinea, Ghana, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Togo and Chad;
- The start of a second promotion of the diploma course for the benefit of the seventeen (17) Senior Technicians in Instruments and Microcomputers, networks and databases option;
- Multiform support in the context of the production of new primary data, in particular;
- Technical and financial support for conducting agricultural surveys in seven (7) countries: Burkina, The Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Guinea, Liberia, Mali, Niger;
- Technical and financial support for conducting nutrition surveys in three (3) countries: Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire and Togo;
- Technical and financial support for conducting food security surveys in four (4) countries: Togo, The Gambia, Ghana and Guinea;
- Technical and financial support for training on yield estimates in five (5) countries: Niger, Nigeria, Ghana and Sierra Leone.
- Technical Assessment Report of the platform in 2017
Download 2017: Télécharger PDF
Concerning the management of the ECOAGRIS database at regional level :
The ECOAGRIS platform is operational and available online at www.ecoagris.net . It is composed of two (2) parts, one public part allowing the consultation of information and the other private part allowing the secure updating of data. An automatic and daily backup of the database has been implemented.
- Experts in database management and network and system management ensure the administration of the platform and guarantee its full-time availability for the various users.
- 28 country executives (NDMU members) were trained for the mastery, management of the national server and operation of the platform, with two (02) per country (13 French-speaking countries and the Gambia). Eight (08) executives from the following countries have yet to be trained: Nigeria, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Ghana.
- 14 countries out of 17 beneficiaries have had their Internet connection renewed in order to update the ECOAGRIS platform. The process continues in the remaining three (03) countries, notably Liberia, Guinea Bissau and Sierra Leone.
Concerning the appropriation of the ECOAGRIS platform at the regional level, a transfer of competence was made by the Prose firm (the one who developed this tool) to the three (03) database management experts of the project and two (02) ARC IT specialists for the handling of the ECOAGRIS platform and its maintenance. Thus, the latter are able to carry out the following actions:
- Administrative tasks at the regional focal point application level (creation, configuration and configuration of indicators, etc.);
- The implementation of indicators (design of the collection sheet, implementation of the sheet at sectoral, national and regional level, etc.);
- the implementation of jobs for the synchronization of data between the different databases (sectoral, country, regional);
- The implementation of replication between regional databases.
In addition, it should also be noted that at the national level, 267 sectoral focal points have been trained on the use and populating of the ECOAGRIS platform in the fifteen (15) countries, representing a geographical coverage rate of 88.23% (15 out of 17 countries covered by the ECOAGRIS project). This will allow them to configure their subsystems, update and validate data and generate indicators.
Table 1: Distribution of trained focal points per country
|N°||Country||Number of sectoral focal points trained|
- The ECOAGRIS Database was updated with country data in fifteen (15) countries: a data completeness rate of 55% with different levels of achievement in these countries.
- In 2018, the project acquired a collaborative work platform called “Bitrix24” to facilitate the committee’s animation activities.
- The Bitrix24 platform was installed and configured on the Cloud with a 12-month subscription contract, through a provider. A manual for its operation is available. A training of all members is envisaged for a better ownership of this tool.
- Bitrix24 is a complete suite of collaborative work tools that allows you to install an intranet and/or extranet through the following services:
- Messaging (webmail, e-mail accounts,)
- Telephony (call recording, call transfer/forwarding)
- Document management (cloud Storage, file sharing…)
- Project and task management (work group, time tracking…)
- Video conferencing (instant messaging, screen sharing…)
- Human resources management (attendance management, organizational chart, work management, employee engagement, etc.)
- Mobile service (mobile intranet, mobile document,…)
- Bitrix24 is therefore a tool that brings together all the essential project monitoring and control activities.
- The ECOAGRIS website: http://ecoagris.cilss.int/ officially created and launched.
The ECOAGRIS web site : http://ecoagris.cilss.int/
Downlaod 2018 : Télécharger PDF